More cookies! The boys keep asking for more!
Found this great recipe while surfing around in the internet. I finally found the owner of this recipe!! This is her blog which has plenty of nice recipes...do visit her by clicking here.
I baked these cookies slightly longer than the time required because I like my cookies crunchy and crispy. Worth the try, it's delicious although not exactly healthy because of the high sugar content.
Recipe is as below:-
350g brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 large egg + 1 yolk
1 tablespoon vanila essence
220g AP flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
55g granulated sugar
50g brown sugar
(mixed together and set aside)
preheat oven to 180 degree C.
1. Melt 140g butter in a small pan and keep on low heat for 4 minutes until butter is light brown in colour and smells nutty. Throw in the remainder 40g butter and which to melt.
2. Let cool slightly then add brown sugar and salt. Mix until free of lumps and smooth. Add eggs and vanilla essence.
3. In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking soda and baking powder. Add to the wet mixture and mix till well combined. If the dough is too wet, add a bit more flour so you can handle it.
4. Roll out pieces of dough into small balls and coat with the sugar mixture.
5. Bake cookies for 8 minutes or more depending on the size of your cookies. Bake only one tray at a time in the oven to ensure even baking. Rotate the cookies midway through.
6. Remove immediately from the cookies tray before the sugar harden and cool completely before storing in air tight containers..