Naffnang

Followers

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Banana Cake

I have 5 very ripe bananas on the table and the boys are simply not so into bananas. Come to think of it, I am not so into bananas either. So I thought I'd bake a banana cake and see if it'll tempt them to eat it. Unfortunately, not. Ended up I have to give some away and take some to office to eat for breakfast and lunch....sigh! The reason given to me is, the banana smell is too strong, duh! I personally think the cake taste much better than the fruit by itself. Here's the recipe, taken from Kuali by Amy Beh. I have reduced the sugar to 150g. Will upload a picture later.


Ingredients

175g butter
175g castor sugar
4 egg yolks
1 cup well-mashed ripe bananas (add 1 tsp lemon juice when mashing)
235g self-raising flour, sifted
3/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda, sifted

4 egg whites
1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp grated lemon rind

Method

Grease and flour a 21cm cake tin. Preheat oven at 170 ºC. Beat butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add egg yolks one at a time, beating well after each addition.

Add mashed bananas and beat well. Fold in sifted flour gradually. Beat egg white until stiff and stir into banana mixture. Add lemon juice and rind.

Pour batter into prepared tin and bake for 45-55 minutes or until cake is cooked. Cool cake in the tin for 15 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Welcome to my blog! Love to hear from you, good or bad:D. Have a nice day! Cheers!