Naffnang

Followers

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Marble Buttercake




Got this recipe from KC's and this time I did use the eating chocolates since I was given a huge bar by a friend who'd just got back from England.

Ingredients:
250g butter
120 g Milk Chocolate Bar
200g castor sugar
300 g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
5 large eggs (used only 4 eggs this time 'cos just noticed it's 5 eggs and not 4)
1 tsp vanilla essence
100 ml milk (UHT) I made my own milk by mixing 2 tablespoon of milk powder into 100ml of warm water.

Method:
1. Melt chocolate in a double boiler. Set aside.
2. Add butter and sugar in a mixer bowl and beat till light and creamy.
3. Add eggs, one at a time to beat and mix evenly.
4. Add milk, essence to mix.
5. Add sifted flour and baking powder to mix till it forms into a creamy batter.
6. Lined and greased a loaf tin with baking paper.
7. Divide the batter into 2 equal portions.
8. Add melted chocolate into one portion to mix till it turns light brown colour.
9. Pour the white batter into the loaf tin till halfway.
10. Scoop half of chocolate batter into the half-filled loaf tin.
11. Pour remaining white batter on top of the chocolate batter. Repeat with the other loaf if you are using two loaf tins.
12. Bake in preheated oven 190 C for 40 mins or until a satay stick that is inserted into the cake comes out clean.
13. Remove from oven to cool completely before slicing.

Notes:
You can also use the round cake tin that is used for baking Chiffon cake to make this a ring cake.

Just greased the cake tin and sprinkle plain flour on the greased tin. Tap the tin to remove excess flour.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jeannie, I followed you from the foodieblogroll and I love what you've got going here!Hope you wont mind,I'd love to guide our readers to your site, just add this foodista widget to this post and it's all set to go, Thanks!-Alisa@Foodista

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this looks delicious! It looks very moist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How delicious! Love marble anything - and the buttercake is one of my favorites. Scrumptious photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice blog, hope u don't mind if I follow along

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello ladies... thanks for all your kind comments. Gives me more motivation to bake more in future LOL! I love to wonder into people's blog to orgle at pictures too and try out new recipes that caught my eye. Trouble is some of the ingredients are not available here or they are too expensive. Hope you ladies do not mind if I wonder in one day. Do drop in any time.. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Welcome to my blog! Love to hear from you, good or bad:D. Have a nice day! Cheers!