Thursday, May 28, 2009
Got this recipe from KC's and this time I did use the eating chocolates since I was given a huge bar by a friend who'd just got back from England.
120 g Milk Chocolate Bar
200g castor sugar
300 g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
5 large eggs (used only 4 eggs this time 'cos just noticed it's 5 eggs and not 4)
1 tsp vanilla essence
100 ml milk (UHT) I made my own milk by mixing 2 tablespoon of milk powder into 100ml of warm water.
1. Melt chocolate in a double boiler. Set aside.
2. Add butter and sugar in a mixer bowl and beat till light and creamy.
3. Add eggs, one at a time to beat and mix evenly.
4. Add milk, essence to mix.
5. Add sifted flour and baking powder to mix till it forms into a creamy batter.
6. Lined and greased a loaf tin with baking paper.
7. Divide the batter into 2 equal portions.
8. Add melted chocolate into one portion to mix till it turns light brown colour.
9. Pour the white batter into the loaf tin till halfway.
10. Scoop half of chocolate batter into the half-filled loaf tin.
11. Pour remaining white batter on top of the chocolate batter. Repeat with the other loaf if you are using two loaf tins.
12. Bake in preheated oven 190 C for 40 mins or until a satay stick that is inserted into the cake comes out clean.
13. Remove from oven to cool completely before slicing.
You can also use the round cake tin that is used for baking Chiffon cake to make this a ring cake.
Just greased the cake tin and sprinkle plain flour on the greased tin. Tap the tin to remove excess flour.