Naffnang

Followers

Monday, April 20, 2009

Steamed Rainbow Buttercake





I like the look of this cake the moment I saw it in KWF's blog and I just have to make it to see the result. As KWF mentioned in her blog that her cake is a little on the dry side, I decreased the flour to 200g. I reckoned with all the mixing of colours into the batter, I'd better use self raising flour to help it rise during steaming, in case I deflate the batter too much. Turned out not as nicely patterned as KWF's but the texture is soft and moist.
Lovely cake. Here's the recipe:-

Steamed Rainbow Buttercake (recipe adjusted)

Ingredients:

250g butter
100g condensed milk (sweetened creamer)
5 eggs
120g sugar
200g self raising flour (original recipe uses 250g of cake flour & 1/2 tsp baking powder)


Method:

1. Beat egg and sugar until fluffy and thick.
2. Sieve flour together with baking powder into egg mixture and stir well.
3. Beat butter and condensed milk until fluffy.
4. Add butter mixture into egg mixture and stir well.
5. Divide mixture into different parts and add colors of your choice. I had 5 colors altogether including the original batter.
6. Grease and line a 8" x 8" square mould.
7. Spoon over different colored mixture alternatively until mixture is used up. Cover mould with aluminium foil and steam for 1 hour or till the skewer comes out clean when inserted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Welcome to my blog! Love to hear from you, good or bad:D. Have a nice day! Cheers!