Naffnang

Followers

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Chocolate chips/polomint cookies

These cookies are very delicious! Crispy to the last bite. You can still taste the bits of polo mint in it. Tried this recipe for the first time and the boys liked it. Thought of baking it for the Chinese New Year but I reckoned there will be too much food around so no one is going to eat them so maybe I'll just keep the recipe till the festival's over.


The recipe is adapted from Gina's recipe from Kitchen Capers. I obmitted the cocoa powder as I have ran out of it and added an extra tube of polo mint.

Here's the original recipe:-

Ingredients:-

115g salted butter
180g Self Raising flour
1 tbsp cocoa powder (I obmitted this)
80g castor sugar
50g light brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tube of Polo mints** (I used 2 tubes)
1 cup of chocolate chips (I used chopped up cooking chocolate)

Method
1. Crush polo mints in a bag, set aside.
2. Cream butter, sugar in a mixer till creamy.
3. Add egg to beat till well mixed.
4. Turn off mixer and fold in flour, chocolate powder, chocolate chips and crushed mint.
5. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
6. Use a piping bag to squeeze out tiny spots on the paper (I just scoop up the dough with a spoon)
7. Bake in preheated oven 180 for 15 mins.
8. Remove and cool completely on wire rack.

1 comment:

  1. Jeannie, its not Asia Cuisine lah..better remove that word. Coz its another company. Its Cuisine Asia when I use to be a Director with them. But now, you can just quote me as Gina from Kitchen Capers. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Welcome to my blog! Love to hear from you, good or bad:D. Have a nice day! Cheers!