Saw this recipe in Kitchen Capers posted by coconutbun and decided to give it a try since I have never baked it before. Not sure how's the texture supposed to be like so can't really tell if I managed to get it right. The boys ate them with creamcheese sauce and said they're delicious...
This pic is taken with the cybershot camera
And this one taken with my Nokia 6500 handphone
Buttery Scones (makes 8-10)
200g self raising flour
1 tbsp baking powder
2 tbsp sugar
80g butter, chilled and cut into small cubes
70cc milk plus a bit extra for brushing on top of scones before baking
1. Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl.
2. Rub butter into the flour and baking powder until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs
3. Add sugar
4. Add milk and mix until you get a soft dough
5. Roll out the dough on a floured surface and cut into rounds
6. Brush the tops of the scones with some milk
7. The book says to bake the scones at 190 C for 20-25 minutes.