Naffnang

Followers

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Scones

Saw this recipe in Kitchen Capers posted by coconutbun and decided to give it a try since I have never baked it before. Not sure how's the texture supposed to be like so can't really tell if I managed to get it right. The boys ate them with creamcheese sauce and said they're delicious...
Photobucket
This pic is taken with the cybershot camera

Photobucket
And this one taken with my Nokia 6500 handphone


Buttery Scones (makes 8-10)

200g self raising flour
1 tbsp baking powder
2 tbsp sugar
80g butter, chilled and cut into small cubes
70cc milk plus a bit extra for brushing on top of scones before baking

1. Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl.
2. Rub butter into the flour and baking powder until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs
3. Add sugar
4. Add milk and mix until you get a soft dough
5. Roll out the dough on a floured surface and cut into rounds
6. Brush the tops of the scones with some milk
7. The book says to bake the scones at 190 C for 20-25 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. Your scones look delicious. I love them warm with lots of butter and jam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I'm coconutbun. I just came across your blog via kitchencapers and the first post I saw was for the scone recipe that I posted on kitchencapers a few years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pooky, I was surfing around in KC and read your scones recipe and finding it quite easy, so decided to make it. Glad I did cos they were delicious and I was told that they tasted just like those made from UK!:D Thanks so much for posting your recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Welcome to my blog! Love to hear from you, good or bad:D. Have a nice day! Cheers!