Naffnang

Followers

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Monday blues.......more like black!

The day started off fine enough. Managed to get the boys to their schools on time and was happily making my way inching out of town to work. Everything was fine and road was filled with the usual traffic flow...nothing unusual. Unfortunately for me, I missed the report about road blocks by police in anticipaton of a demostration at the Parliament House. If I'd had heard the announcement, I would have used an alternative route to work instead of taking the usual way, i.e. passing the Federal Highway, which is nearer albeit more slow moving. But with some clever manoeuvring to the side of the road, I usually managed to get to work with plenty of time to spare for a cuppa before it's time for work.

Today, I was in for a huge surprise. The jam started from the 2nd tol plaza and from then on it was a nightmare. It was the mother of all traffic jams and I have to be stuck in the middle of it...Well, sad to say, I reached the office at 9 a.m. This is the second time I am late for work and that's record breaking for me. Sigh! Who would have thought that there are people senseless enough to organise a demonstration on a week day. Do they not know that everyone would be too busy rushing to work to want to attend their so-called peaceful demonstration? Puhleezzz!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Welcome to my blog! Love to hear from you, good or bad:D. Have a nice day! Cheers!