It's been a while since I last baked chocolate chips cookies, two years to be exact when I tried out David Lebovitz's giant size chocolate oats/raisins cookies so when I got this bag of semi sweet chocolate chips with a recipe at the back, I just had to bake me some. THis is how it's done:-
Chocolate Chip Cookies
170g butter, softened
60g caster sugar
100g brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
220g AP flour
2 cups chocolate chips (I used semi sweet)
1 cup (about 90g) rolled oats (my addition) ~ can substitute with chopped nuts of your choice
1. Cream butter with both sugar until creamy and smooth.
2. Add eggs one at a time and mix until combined.
3. Add vanilla extract and mix on medium speed until well combined.
4. Sift baking soda and salt with flour and slowly add to the butter mixture with the mixer running on low speed.
5. Lastly add the oats and chocolate chips and mix until just combined.
6. Place spoonfuls of batter on a silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheets and bake at 170C for 12 minutes or until desired doneness. If you wish to have crispy cookies, you can bake another 2-3 minutes.
7. Cool on rack and store in air tight container.
|These cookies certainly didn't last long in my house! Yummy dunked into milk or enjoy it with a nice hot cup of coffee!|
I'm joining Best Recipes for Everyone September 2014 Event Theme: Chocolate Wonderland hosted by Fion of XuanHom's Mom.